Happy first day of winter, everyone! Or not, if you hate the cold as much as I do. I needed to put together a fast DIY holiday favor on a shoestring budget this year, so I decided to make these hot chocolate favors to give to friends and family.
For about $20
WHAT I USED
*I shopped at the Dollar Store for this project!
- 3 boxes of Swiss Miss hot chocolate packages • $3 or 27 oz Nestle hot chocolate container • $5
- 10 plastic ornaments ($1 each) or 10 mason jars • $10
- Package of 10 bows • $1
- Bag of candy canes • $1
- Decorative ribbon • $1
- Bag of mini marshmallows • $1
- Bag of milk chocolate or chocolate chips • $1
- Fill each container with enough powder for 1-2 cups of hot chocolate.
- Drop in an even layer of mini marshmallows.
- Chop chocolates, or place chocolates in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin. Sprinkles the chocolates. If you ain’t got time for that, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the marshmallows.
- Optional: Sprinkle crushed peppermints on top of the chocolates for an additional layer.
- Because I used large plastic ornaments from the Dollar Store instead of mason jars, I used mini candycanes as hooks.
- I added some bows for decoration, along with tags cut from cardboard (the reverse says ‘just add hot water or warm milk’).
It takes less than 10 to make 10, and they’re super cute! An easy, affordable gift to give to your loved ones this holiday season.